What exactly are Wellbeing Ambassadors?
The Wellbeing Ambassadors are representatives who have been elected by their classmates in order to work together to develop well-being across the school. They have a particular focus on anti-bullying, mental health and online safety. They would raise issues with the senior team and the governors and act on any concerns. The Wellbeing Ambassadors will discuss ideas on how to implement the Development Plan and minutes of each meeting will be recorded.
Virtues of the Ambassadors
Wellbeing Ambassadors are pupils who have shown a particular interest in promoting mental health and positive wellbeing. These pupils are keen to share their learning about mental health and advertise the importance of self-care. They have an open and non-judgmental attitude and adopt a positive and patient approach with the school's pupils. They are a positive role model who are always willing to listen.
What will the Wellbeing Ambassadors do?
- Ensure that everyone is happy within the Ysgol Bro Gwydir community
- Share positive pegs
- Collaborate with the Children's Commissioner for Wales - attend meetings over the web
- Share their objectives in the services
- Create a Friendship Calendar
- Share positive and inspiring messages with parents and the Bro Gwydir community
- Assist with World Value Friday arrangements
- Organize a Growth Mind-set day
- Analyse well-being questionnaire data